Industry insight advances your value chain.
For every function your facility performs – receiving, storage, processing, manufacturing and loadout – VAA brings proven expertise in streamlining product movement through the supply chain.
Canola Crush Processing Facility — Rail Emphasis
Design a conventional and specialty canola seed processing facility capable of processing 850,000 metric tons of canola per year and connect two Class 1 railways, one of which was located on the opposite side of a heavily traveled provincial highway.
From the arrival of raw materials
to shipping as finished products, efficient distribution protects your operations and reputation.
VAA works with you to understand facility-specific requirements, including commodity types, expected volume, distribution markets and more to deliver a tailored solution that will meet your needs today and into the future.
- Perform rail sequence of operations studies
- Plan warehousing & distribution centers
- Design shuttle train & transload facilities
- Plan truck staging, routing
- Connect facility to mainline rail
- Perform berthing/mooring studies & deep draft terminal design
- Plan barge arrangement & loadout/unload operations
It’s extremely rewarding to help clients develop their projects from a concept to an operating facility.