TEMCO Ship Loading Rain Shield
Rainfall was causing TEMCO’s Port of Portland ship loading facility to be disrupted one month a year, crippling production. Options were limited because the area was extremely sensitive to environmental disruptions.
From inland ports to deep-draft terminals,
we help keep commerce flowing.
VAA is a trusted partner to the maritime industry, with extensive expertise in navigating the geographic complexities of dock construction and operations, loading/unloading systems, environmental/permitting requirements and more. From initial planning to vendor coordination, engineering design to construction support, VAA partners with client teams throughout the process for better planning and more predictable outcomes.
- Lay out & design of waterfront transload processes
- Design & upgrade wharves, bulkheads & floating docks
- Perform berthing/mooring studies & design for deep draft terminals
- Plan barge arrangement & loadout/unload operations
- Identify permitting thresholds & provide permitting assistance
- Grant funding opportunities
Explore Recent Projects
Port and river projects are rewarding, as we get an opportunity to contribute to the growth of the maritime industry and our clients’ business, while sharing the unique knowledge and experience required to navigate this complex industry.