Crude Oil Transload Facility
Designed a facility that includes two 120,000-barrel crude oil storage tanks, a truck receiving area, rail loading, LACT system, and pumping capabilities. The plan included strategically allocated space for a future on-site refinery.
Expertise in a multitude of areas, all which needed to be coordinated in a collaborative effort to achieve an effective and efficient site design.
Coordinating rail delivery/pick-up rates and schedules with CP Railway was critical to the incorporation of this 120-car shuttle train rail system. The project called on VAA’s expertise in rail design, site development, road access, utility placement, and stormwater treatment. VAA’s experience with piping and pumping designs, process flow and equipment layout, utilities, and site design allowed for efficient design reviews, decisions, and project progress.
- Design included two 120,000-barrel crude oil storage tanks
- Incorporated a 120-car shuttle train rail system
- Utilized rail design, road access, and stormwater treatment expertise
- 24-hour accessibility
- Corval Group
- Thunder Butte Petroleum Services
- Canadian Pacific (CP) Railway