The below FAQs are to help answer inquiries about VAA’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
VAA’s objective remains to create a safe work environment for employees and clients, limit disruptions in our workflow, and work together to deliver and maintain our project responsibilities.
ARE VAA’S OFFICES OPEN TO OUTSIDE VISITORS?
Visitors are welcome to enter VAA’s offices as business needs dictate. Masks are required for all individuals regardless of vaccination status.
Employees continue to work remotely while some have returned to the office. The Board of Directors are discussing a corporate hybrid work policy to take effect in Q3 of 2021. VAA employees are encouraged to continue to use online capabilities to conduct business operations with clients.
ARE VAA EMPLOYEES ABLE TO TRAVEL TO A SITE OR CLIENT OFFICE?
- VAA employees can travel on a voluntary basis as project needs dictate.
- Clients will be asked specific site questions for VAA employees to understand additional Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) requirements and / or other site guidelines related to COVID-19.
- International travel will be approved on a specific basis subject to local restrictions and necessary coordination.
HOW IS VAA KEEPING EMPLOYEES SAFE FROM THE VIRUS?
- Masks are required for all individuals to wear in VAA’s offices.
- VAA strongly encourages all employees to become vaccinated.
- Employees who are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms or known exposure are asked to stay home
- Employees are asked to continue good personal hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
WHO SHOULD I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT PROJECTS OR VAA OPERATIONS?
Contact your respective VAA Partner or project manager via phone or email. We continue to be here for you and are so glad we are! Information of our status will be provided as developments occur.
Thank you for your partnership.
Jeff Schrock, PE
This information is updated as VAA continues to monitor COVID-19 state and federal mandates and considers best practices from the CDC and MN State Department of Health.